Semester Reflection: Video

Projects

This project was the ONW 1 in 2000 which was the feature video. This video took about almost two weeks to complete this video. A challenged we faced was the interview for Brooke we didn't have sound so we had to re-film it. We learned how to use a microphone and it makes the sound clearer. Some feedback I received was using more b-roll. Adding more b-roll into the video is how I changed it. Overall I believe this is one of my stronger videos.





This project was a advance news story over United Sounds. This video took around 2 weeks to finish as well. A challenged we faced was the b-roll didn't have sound so we had to re-film. We learned how to plan filming because the club was after school. Some feedback I learned was controlling the sound to make the sound the same level throughout the video. Overall I believe I could have spent more time on editing because it can be a lot stronger.






Time Management


Overall I used my time very well in class. My projects were either before do date or on time. If I finished early i went back to re-edit my old videos. Outside of class I make my own personal videos of trips or special occasions.

Strengths

One of my strengths is my voice over work. I'm able to lead the story while not stealing the thunder. I'm also a very well at collaborating ideas with overs because I listen to everyone's ideas. Which is very important in collaborative work.

Areas of Improvement

An areas of improvement is being more organized. Most of my clips were all over my desktop and unorganized. I also want improve my editing skills in premier pro. I can do this by learning new  technics the program.  

ONW Now

In Onw Now I was in the group for words from the halls. In word from the halls I was in front of the camera. I was asking the questions to the students. From the process I learned how Onw Now is filmed and what it takes to produce it.

Summary

During this semester I loved filming Onw Now I though it was very fun and interesting. Something I would change would be some of my videos took some more time editing. Overall I learned how to be a journalist and the importance of it. One goal i want for next year is leaning more about premier pro.

Final Thoughts 

 Overall I really enjoyed this semester and learning about Onw Now. I really enjoyed being able to communicate a story to the people. I can't wait for next year!

Comments

Popular Posts