Vector Illustrated Portrait

Pre-Production

For this vector project I needed to have a hi-resolution head shot photo. So I looked through my camera roll and chose a picture of my dog in the snow. It was important for my dog to be different colors of fur so it wasn't just the same color throughout the picture. After choosing the photo and uploading it to the computer I needed to prep the photo for illustrator. I needed to crop it and change the color to see the different colors.

Production

When starting the project I knew I needed to be very organized. So I created multiple layers to ensure that it would happen. Through this project I was able to develop my skills with the pen tool. I worked very hard on the details of the eyes because it had a variety of shapes and colors. It was also important for me to get the hair of my dog right to get the right amount of fluffiness. 

Final Product

 

Overall I am very proud of my finish product. I think that overall I was able to capture the detail of my dog by the fur and eyes. I even created the details of the dog collar. The things I would change would be maybe adding and more detailed background and creating the full body.

Comments

Popular Posts