Self-Portrait


    In my self-portrait video was my friends and I went to IHOP for my birthday. I choose this because it represents that my friends are very important to me. I also like chicken and waffles so my classmates got to learn that about me too. I was inspired by the classmates you talked in there video about themselves. It showed that they weren't camera shy and opened up and let us into their lives. 

     My choice of the setting was to show that I enjoy eating at IHOP. I could have worked and thought more about the lighting and framing because they could have been better. The reason I choose IHOP is because some people aren't comfortable shooting out in public which I was comfortable. Showing that I'm not afraid to be myself around others I don't know. I think of IHOP was warm and inventing place from the colors of logo to the environment which I see in my self as warm and inventing.  

    I hope that after viewing my piece that people will be able to see my fun personality. I think my personality was able to shine through in the video by having my friends around who compliment me. Some of the challenges I faced was not being able to edit the video. Not being able to edit the video felt like my power was taken away. Another challenge was we had to shoot the shot in one take and the length and to be 2 minutes which was difficult. I would plan my shoot better because I rushed it a little. I learned that editing does make a difference in videos.
     

Comments

Popular Posts