Making Logo


Complex Process

Creating a logo is a complex process with many changing ideas of what the logo should be. My first step was to get notebook paper and sketch different ideas for my logo. In all my logo ideas I use my initials H and M. I also chose a circle for the shape of my logo. After getting 3 different logos that I liked I decided on one and started to create it on adobe.





I decided on a logo that the way my letters are shaped it has the shape of the yin and yang Chinese symbol. First I chose a bubbly font so it would be easier to work with. After I found my font I put it inside a circle than another circle on top to make a mask on my logo. Than I used the different anchor points to make the letters have the flow of the yin and yang sign. After I got the shape I wanted I started to add colors.



When I started to add color I chose more grays, and yellows.  I tired different shades of grays and yellows. I switched the colors of the letters so that m was grey or yellow and the same with the h. I also decided to get rid of the border on the outside but I added a white line down the middle. I did that to the letters for a little more shape. After trying all different shades and colors I found a logo that represented me. 



Colors and Shapes

I chose the circle for my shape because of the yin and yang symbol. The yin and yang sign has light and darkness. The light (yellow) and the darkness (gray) means to me the hard and the good times in my life and those events made me who I am. So by combining those letters together its myself in a logo. I chose the circle to mean universal or like a globe. I love to travel to new places so that why I chose the circle.


Mockups:





Comments

Popular Posts